PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE
While today’s seniors are living their retirement years with a vibrancy unmatched by previous generations, the aging process can present challenges that interrupt the lifestyle and independence they once enjoyed. When they can no longer safely manage the family home or live independently because of failing health or other aging issues, their adult children must make decisions for them—almost always in critical situations—when options are limited and the parents have little input into their immediate future.
With advanced preparation, seniors can be actively involved in planning their own future with dignity and lift the burden of making decisions on their behalf from their children. Licensed and accredited Seniors Real Estate Specialist Craig Mernitz can help alleviate the issues, needs, and concerns that come with the decision to sell the family home.
SENIOR ISSUES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO LIFESTYLE CHANGES
- Fixed income is stretched
- Home is too big and expensive to maintain
- Children have grown and moved away
- Financial exploitation (phone/online scams)
- No access to transportation/no freedom to travel
- Nutritional needs not being met
- A lack of social interaction on a daily basis
- Loss of Spouse
OFFERING A FULL RANGE OF SERVICES
We can streamline the process of selling the family home and address the needs of seniors as they transition to a new lifestyle by:
- Offering choices and alternatives that are in the best interest of the individual, whether they remain in their home, sell or rent the home or leave the property vacant.
- Developing a strategic plan for families, relatives, estates, trusts, guardianships and conservatorships for a smooth lifestyle transition.
- Building a personal resource library of trustworthy experts–tax counselors, financial advisors, estate planners and attorneys–to help explain the financial consequences of selling a home.
- Providing information about trade contractors, interior design stagers, estate sale organizers and senior moving specialists to prepare the home for sale.
- Addressing the individual’s physical, medical, social and financial needs.
- Securing assistance for hoarding issues.
- Connecting seniors with transitional life coaches.
- Grief Counseling
- Educating the individual/families about active adult communities, independent living, assisted living, adult care and private homes, life-continuing care communities and community service organizations.
- Advising on real estate tax advantages and annuities.