TRY THESE LIFE HACKS TO GET THROUGH THE COMING WEEKS OF SOCIAL DISTANCING
Social distancing is hard. After all, the need to interact with others is what makes us human. Americans today have never been asked to shelter in place to help slow down the spread of a global pandemic so this is a new behavior most of us have never experienced before.
Staying home doesn’t have to be a depressing time though. In fact, it’s a great time to get off autopilot. Try some of the following ideas that can preserve your physical and mental health during the challenging weeks ahead. Who knows? You may even want to incorporate them into your lifestyle when we return to business as usual:
- Limit your daily news intake to just twice a day.
- Tackle a project you’ve been putting off around the house.
- Organize your living space.
- Call someone you love.
- Catch some fresh air—take a long walk, ride a bike or spruce up the garden.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Read a book or listen to an audiobook that takes you out of your comfort zone.
- Learn something new—take a tutorial on Youtube.
- Do some spring cleaning.
- Drink more water.
- Watch your favorite movie or listen to your favorite tunes.
- Go fly fishing
Sometimes the simple things get us through the most challenging times. Please be patient, help those who need it and stay safe……Craig